Nylon AF80 Aramid
Nylon FX256 filament reinforced with aramid fibre
The fibre brings tribological properties and wear resistance.
High temperature, wear and tensile resistant.
These features are maintained in wide temperature range.
Functional properties achieved for 3D printed object
- change of properties versus Nylon FX256
- strong interlayer adhesion, higher process stability, smooth surface
- higher tensile strength, tribological properties, hardness
- close to Nylon FX256, improved HDT
- lower elasticity because of fibre
Environmentally friendly material
- BPA free, styrene free
Printing temperature: 235–260 °C
Bed temperature: 80–105 °C.
Due to crystallization, warping may occur during cooling.
Use a glue stick or Magigoo for ideal bed adhesion.
Changes in values
Nylon AF80 Aramid | Nylon FX256
50,4 MPa /5,8 % | 45 MPa/50 %
Shore D | lower hardness
Charpy impact resistance
53,2 kJ/m2 (unnotched) | 7 kJ/m2 (notched)
more stable | need of proper melt
very high | high